Kyocera Solar Modules Provide „Fuel‟ for Electric-Powered Cars and Bikes in Germany
Innovative solar solutions to use Kyocera modules
12 September 2011
Kyoto / Neuss − Kyocera Corporation today announced that it has supplied its high-performance solar modules for a carport roofing installation in southern Germany which provides power for a charging station for electric cars and bikes. The system was designed and installed by BLU“e” Solar Group GmbH.
Electric-powered automobiles and bicycles are becoming increasingly popular in Germany as they provide a convenient and eco-friendly method of transportation. As a result, there is a growing need for charging stations to meet increased use. Furthermore, this solar-powered charging station is not only environmentally friendly but also economical; currently, charging at this location is free of charge to the public. The energy used to „fill the tanks? comes from 248 high-efficiency 215-watt Kyocera solar modules which produce an output of 53.32kW.
Kyocera modules provide excellent performance and high reliability which is demonstrated by the fact they are the first in the world to have passed the Long-Term Sequential Test performed by TUV Rheinland Japan Ltd. “We have selected Kyocera solar modules because we are impressed with the company?s product quality,” stated Werner Steinbrunner, managing director of the BLU“e” Solar Group GmbH.
This solar-powered charging station is just the latest in a long line of projects that Kyocera has been involved in that bring innovative alternative energy solutions to the market. For example, Kyocera solar modules also produce power while providing shade for cars at the Solar Grove™ in San Diego, California. In Japan, Kyocera introduced the Solar Cycle Station for charging electric bicycles; as well as the Eco-Shell co-developed with Sekisui Jushi Corporation — a multi-purpose solar-powered shelter for use in public places where shelters provide cover against the sun and rain such as bus & taxi stops, benches and walkway coverings.*
* “Solar Cycle Station” and “Eco-Shell” are the product names for the Japanese market. Both products are only available in Japan.
- KYOCERA TCL Solar begins operation of Japan’s largest 13.7MW Floating Solar Power Plant
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 21.1 MW Solar Power Plant on Repurposed Land in Japan
- KYOCERA and 7 Other Companies Announce Progress of Development Plan for Max. 480-Megawatt Solar Power Project
- Solar Technical Service Center from KYOCERA gets DEKRA certification
- Kyocera, Gaia Power, Kyudenko and Tokyo Century Announce Groundbreaking of 92MW Solar Power Plant in Japan
- KYOCERA, Mitsubishi Research Institute, Tokyo Century and Yonden Engineering Complete 14.5MW Solar Power Plant
- KYOCERA Solar Technical Service Center: Services with a bright future
- KYOCERA recognized as “Top Performer” in 2016 PV solar module reliability scorecard
- KYOCERA Donates Solar Power Generating Systems to Nepal to Support Earthquake Reconstruction
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Begins Construction on 13.7MW Floating Solar Power Plant